Have you had a chance yet to grab Asus latest update to ICS for the Transformer Prime, well you’d better hurry and update because XDA memeber viperboy has just released a one click root method for all that dessert in the Prime waiting to be melted. viperMOD Prime Time is an automated rooting program that comes with extra features that other root tools don’t have and it is extremely simple to use.
As always a word of caution and remind you that Tech News Central is not responsible for any bricking or damage caused to your device by following this root method created by viperboy!
Eager to get your root access back? Before we begin with the rooting process, you’ll need a few things:
- The viperMOD Prime Time one-click root tool. Download the tool for Windows or forLinux.
- Ensure that USB Debugging has been enabled on your tablet. You can do this through Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure that your tablet has a charge of at least 70%, to prevent it from shutting off in the middle of the rooting process.
Once you have everything required, you may now proceed to the rooting process:
- Begin by downloading the viperMod Prime Time root tool onto your computer.
- Extract the contents of the viperMod Prime Time root tool ZIP file.
- Kill Asus Sync and Splashtop.
- Connect your tablet to the computer.
- Make sure you install the device drivers located inside of the ZIP file. (If you can already adb into your device, then you do not need to install the drivers.)
- If you are on Linux, you may need to do “chmod a+x /path/to/primetime/primetime.sh” (without the quotes).
- Run PrimeTime.exe. You will see a command line prompt. (On Linux, run the “primetime.sh” script.)
- Type 1 to start rooting your device.
- Once you’re done, install the OTA Root Keeper from the Android Market.
Congratulations! You’ve now regained root access on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime after updating the tablet with the ICS 126.96.36.199 firmware OTA update. With the help of OTA Root Keeper, you’ll have a backup of your device’s root and will allow your root to survive OTAs, if several conditions are matched. You should only download the OTA Root Keeper after your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime has been successfully rooted.
Source: XDA-Member ViperBoy
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201